Your Miles Will Change Lives
565 Miles in 28 Days
A team of up to ten individuals will pledge to walk, run and/or ride bicycles a combined total of 565 miles in the month of February (usually 28 days). Teams may be formed from anywhere in the world and your miles can be logged from the comfort of your own home. As a collective, all participants will raise funds for GallantFew and increase awareness for veteran issues surrounding the transition from active military service to civilian life.
- Raise Money and Awareness
- Participate in the kick-off event if you are available (date and time TBD)
- Track your miles in the month of February
- Keep an eye on promos
- Keep engaged with like-minded people from around the globe joining you in the event
- Celebrate making a difference for our service members in transition
Veterans continue to battle record high levels of unemployment, under-employment, homelessness and suicide. The most recent Department of Labor Statistics from July 2015 show Global War on Terror veterans are 37% more likely to be unemployed than a person who never served and two times as more likely to be unemployed than a Desert Storm era Veteran. The VA reports twenty two veterans take their own lives daily, and active duty suicides have averaged one per day. We can and do make a difference!